Monday 11 October 2010

Online banking - transfers to arbitrary accounts

I use smile for internet banking at home. Mostly they're grand.

In the US, I'm with wells fargo. They're not so good. There are some cool things, like scanning your checks (sic) for you but for online transfers, they're a bit naff.

First, as far as I can see, to transfer money to the UK, I have to pay a visit to the branch. In person. Sheesh.

Second, as far as I can see, to transfer money to the US, I have to pay a visit to the branch. In person. Sheesh.

It's not completely terrible though: if I just want to transfer to a *person* (as opposed to a business), it looks like I can do it online. And if I want to transfer to another wells fargo account, it looks like I can do it online. But for businesses - even those with US bank accounts - fuggedaboutit.

It's all a little bit last century. So I'm on the lookout for a bank with better online transfer fu.

No comments:

Post a Comment