Wednesday 22 September 2010

Paracetemol (Acetaminophen)

Something I miss in America is being able to buy ridiculously cheap paracetemol and ibuprofen.

I miss being able to buy sixteen 500mg tables of paracetemol for, like, 16p. ISTR ibuprofen is twice the price, but you only take one tablet of those at a time, so it's the same price.

Here in California, it's basically impossible to find cheap paracetemol. At least, as far as I've found.

The cheapest I've seen was in (I think) Smart & Final, where they had a big jar of about a thousand paracetemol tablets for thirty dollars. Now, per tablet, that's in the right ballpark, but I really dislike the idea of buying what is basically a lifetime's supply of paracetemol in one go. I like buying the stuff in packets of 16 at a time.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make sure I don't get hangovers.

Oh, and they don't call it paracetemol here: they call it tylenol (which is a brand name) or acetaminophen (the generic name).

No comments:

Post a Comment