Sunday 6 February 2011

HFCS - what's the big deal?

I've decided that HFCS isn't evil. It isn't the work of the devil. It isn't the end of civilisation as we know it. It's just a cheap form of sugar. My body can't tell the difference between HFCS and sugar.

(There's a corporate "movement" underway to rename HFCS to "corn sugar". I see no problem with this.)

The thing I don't like about HFCS is that it's in *everything* in the USA. I *guess* that's because it's so cheap.

I wouldn't mind, but it's hard to buy plain corn syrup (which is almost totally glucose) here cheaply. You'd think that you'd be able to buy five gallon buckets of the stuff for next to nothing but you can't. Shame.

Watch this video on [the evils of] fructose:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

No comments:

Post a Comment